GPS survey results now availableFebruary 23 2010 - 14:44
The results of the first Global Pension Survey (GPS) are now available (key results and total results). GPS is the first comprehensive survey of pension funds to gauge developments, trend data, investment plans, as well as the prospects of individual pension funds and the economy at large. The survey is organised by Tilburg University, IPE and the European Pension Academy.
We would like to thank the respondents for their time and effort in participating in our latest Global Pension Survey, which offers valuable insights into how pension funds are faring in the current financial situation.
The main GPS results are as follows:
- 53% of pension funds are more optimistic about the country’s economy.
- Top concerns of pension funds are: interest rate risk, cover/solvency/funding level, and the stability of the financial system.
- Key focus of pension funds in the coming 12 months is an ALM study and tactical and medium term asset allocation.
- General trends with respect to pension funds are an increasing relevance of liability hedging and the increased life expectancy is a threat to pension funds.
- The average investment return of the most recent year is 12%.
Results will also be published in IPE both online (www.ipe.com) and in print. No doubt, you will find the results of interest for your business outlook for the coming quarter.
Should you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.